Monday, January 19, 2015

ATCs for Regina

Each year, Regina ATC and the MacKenzie Art Gallery collaborate on an annual display and trade of ATCs from around the world. 
"This year, the theme is “Place, Process, Collecting” — how does where we come from reflect in our work? What processes do we use to create art? How does what we collect inform what we make?"
The majority of the ATCs I make are the good parts from larger artwork that wasn't working as a large piece. I do a lot of houses (and other buildings) so I'm submitting cards with a house theme, trimmed down from something larger.

The deadline is April 6, so if you'd like to join in there's plenty of time, and more information here.

Here are the six cards I'm sending:

12 comments:

  1. I love these little houses, would love to come to your workshop but too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great work, I love them. Best wishes Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info re ATC exhibition Margaret! It looks really interesting , so think I'll have a go. I gather they don't have to be tangled. Im into gum leaves at the moment so may be appropriate to send from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, it's not a tangle swap. Gum leaves sound wonderful!

      Delete
  4. Hi, I've noticed you have some really nice color tiles. May I know please what color pens you usually use? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, I generally use Sakura's colored in pens. The 01 size is available in about 8 colors. If you go to a larger size (05?) there are more color options. I also use Pitt brush tip pens for grays and other colors. Sakura also make a wonderful variety of metallic, sparkle, creamy, glossy, etc. ink pens.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Margaret! There aren't any Micron 01s in any colours except black where I am, but I have found some Sakura Gelly Rolls that I last used some 15-20 years ago. They still work perfect, it's amazing! Thanks for your help.

      Delete
    3. Great! I've heard sone good stories about old Sakura pens. Have fun!

      Delete